So, I have the privilege of not only delivering a regular session, Introduction to Power BI Desktop, at SQL Saturday 531 Louisville, KY, but also a pre-con. The pre-con Power BI: Beginning to End, is a full day of Power BI including hands-on labs. An overview of the main topics can be seen below:
- Preparing Your Organization (30 Minutes)
- Introduction to Power BI Desktop (2 hours)
- Power BI Service (1 Hour)
- Power BI Gateway (Data Refresh – Personal Gateway) (45 minutes)
- Power BI Desktop (Direct Query (45 minutes)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (1 hour)
- Power BI Gateway (Direct Connect) (45 minutes)
- Power BI Embedded (30 Minutes)
If you are in around the Louisville, KY area on August 5th or 6th stop by and say hello. I can personally guarantee a lot of fun and you may learn a thing or two. For more details about the event take look at my interactive Power BI report below. Click around and let me know what you think.
Power BI Embedded Report
This was actually kind of simple to create. Every scheduled SQL Saturday event has an XML feed. I used that feed as the data source for the reports. I am working on a Power BI Template that I will share in a later blog post. If you can’t wait until then, join me in Kentucky and I will walk through the process in my regular session.
Hope to see you in Kentucky.